So! I recently won a copy of Primeval: New World on DVD through a Contest. Well… The distributor made a mistake, and they’re letting me keep the second DVD set! I’ve decided to give it away!
Here’s the rules;
- Unlimited Reblogs (but be respectful)
- Likes count
- If you follow me, I’ll add in an extra entry and a little surprise from me!
- It’ll end on January 3rd at 5:55pm central standard time
- The DVD is Region 1, but I believe it will play on Region 2 DVD players, as most Region 2 DVD players are multi-region. You might wanna check your DVD Player.
So those are the rules! Start reblogging!
If this post reaches 250 notes, I’ll throw in a third thing! :D
"Nineteen things I’ve learned before I turned nineteen.
1. Always carry $5 and a lighter with you (even if you don’t smoke).
2. Ask every person you meet how their day is going. Genuinely ask with the soul intention of learning how their day is. Ask the coffee shop employee. Ask the person next to you in line at Walmart. Ask your distant friend. Ask everyone.
3. Take many photos of yourself. Take photos of yourself when you’re happy. Take photos of yourself when you’re sad. Take photos of yourself because there are millions of trees in the world, and we all look at the same sky, but there is only one of you.
4. Stay in contact with your parents. Try not to hate them. They are the reason you have the ability to feel anything at all. Try not to hate your parents.
5. Opening your skin will not set your demons free. Open your heart. Open your mind. Open your hands.
6. Nobody knows anybody completely. That’s okay.
7. Be gentle, but be aggressive. Take a stand. Nobody hears your voice if you stay silent.
8. Respect everybody. We are all humans trying to survive. We all deserve respect.
9. Wearing black will ALWAYS make you feel better about yourself.
10. Always give tips, whether it be a couple extra dollars or a piece of mind. You never know how much you could be helping someone.
11. Change is the only thing consistent in life. Do not allow that bother you. Embrace chance and move with life, whichever direction it chooses to take you.
12. Smile often. Smile at strangers. Smile at your friends. Smile when nobody is looking and you’re alone in your bedroom. Smile when somebody is rambling to you.
13. Body image means nothing. Your body is merely just a seatbelt in the car. Your body is here to protect you. You choose the direction you go, and your body will not hold you back. Only you can hold yourself back.
14. Don’t hold grudges. Don’t allow yourself to hate anybody. Forgive them. Learn to love them for the person you never got to see them to be. Believe that a beautiful human exists in that person. Wish them well.
15. Drink orange juice. Lots of it.
16. Don’t allow the opinions of others to choose your destiny. We are all simply trying to live our own life.
17. Sing all the time. Sing off key. Sing in a silly voice. Sing like you’re on stage. Sing no matter who is around. Singing is breathing for the soul. Sing.
18. Take time to think. Write your feelings down. Write letters to the people you love. Texting is overrated and not as heartfelt as a nice handwritten letter.
19. Live for yourself. Breathe for yourself. Do everything in your life for nobody but you. This is your life. This is it."
"Where’s the pizza?"-Every student to the professor on the last day of class
You remember too much,
my mother said to me recently.
Why hold onto all that?
And I said,
Where do I put it down?
YAAYY, GIVEAWAY TIME!!
Ok so me any my very good friend Agnes went to see Catching Fire last week and we had really high expectations… and it was amazing.
And because of that we decided to have a little giveaway to celebrate.
The necklace is made by me, and the bracelet is made by my friend.Rules/Information
- must be following me
- check out Agnes on twitter
- reblog as many times as you want, but only once a day
- likes won’t count
- no giveaway blogs, sideblogs or inactive blogs
- there will be only one winner
- I’ll pick the winner/s using ramdom.org
- keep your askbox open
- the winner must answer within 48 hours or I’ll pick another one
- I ship worldwide
- giveaway ends december 12thPrizes
- one mockingjay necklace
- one bracelet with the district number of your choiceOptional
My askbox is always open if you have any questions.
Good luck everyone! ♥
"If giving leaves you
-Maza-Dohta (via remembertosmileyou)
you’re giving too much
to the wrong person."
"The hardest thing about depression is that it is addictive. It begins to feel uncomfortable not to be depressed. You feel guilty for feeling happy."-Pete Wentz (via endangerment)
"No matter how good things are, there will always be solitary nights you spend in your bedroom, in a car, or in a party full of your closest friends when it feels like the walls are caving in."-Dan Campbell (via t0xicfairies)
Seeing this picture brings be such an overwhelming sense of sadness. I poured my heart and soul into loving this man and he chose to beat me instead. Emotional and mentally abuse me.
The last time we hung out you held a knife to my throat as I screamed for you to let me go. You threw my phone out of my reach into the hallway as you slapped me and cover my mouth until I would stop screaming.
You whispered in my ear it would be an honor to kill me. It would mean nothing to you.
And as you got off of me to go make sure the front door was locked you told me to strip. I tried to run to the other room to grab my phone you tackle me and dragged me back to the room ripping my clothing off. You threw me on the bed and told me I needed to pretend to enjoy it or I wouldn’t be leaving alive.
This event causes such a hole in my heart. How could the man I loved so much have treated me this way? And what’s worse is why are you still always on my mind?
After the sex was over you made me wash up in case you wanted to do it again. At this point I had seemed to calm you down, you were so afraid of me calling the police you wouldn’t let me leave. Instead of fighting it I played your game and just laid with you until you felt comfortable enough to let me go, talking to me the whole way home.
That was the last time we ever hung out. I don’t think I will ever forget that night. I don’t think I will ever forget you.
So this is my best friend.
This is my best friend’s story.
She’s the strongest woman I know.
Seeing her go through what she has this past year is so painful.
There is no “walking away” from a relationship like this. There’s no off switch or recovery period.
Everyday is a new struggle. Some days she has tougher ones than others. And it breaks my heart to not be able to give her a hug.
We grew up in the same town, went to the same high school and never spoke two words to each other. She moved to Houston after high school and I lived here in Michigan still. 3 years later I started college in Chicago and she got a job in Chicago.
We met by chance and became fast friends. Unfortunately I now love in Michigan and she lives in Texas. I consider her my sister. It hurts because I’ve tried my hardest to be there for her through this all. She deserves so much more than she’s been dealt.
I know that after what she’s went through, she’s truly the strongest woman I’ve ever met. As well as the most beautiful inside and out.
So please, don’t think that just because someone looks happy on the outside they haven suffered. Don’t judge someone for their relationship. Don’t belittle abusive relationships. Help someone. Try to understand. These things happen way too often.
I love you Elizabeth. This all brought me to tears. I miss you and support you more than any metaphor I can muster.
i feel like the entire doctor who fandom is gonna be massively disappointed when capaldi’s catchphrase isnt fuckity bye
"I’d choose you. Every goddamned time."-sixwordstory (via hervana)
megswhim asked: 1-100. I wanna know it ALL!
Oh gosh! Here goes nothing.
1. Last kiss: November 10
2. Last phone call: From Stephanie
3. Last text message: From Jordan
4. Last song you listened to: “It’s Not a Side Effect of the Cocaine. I Am Thinking It Must Be Love” by Fall Out Boy
5. Last time you cried: Last night because of the OCD guy’s story. http://collector0fhearts.tumblr.com/post/68654578246/laserquest-love-he-who-spawned-the-furies
HAVE YOU EVER:
6. Dated someone twice: Nope, never
7. Been cheated on: Nope
8. Kissed someone and regretted it: Not technically, just that it didn’t mean more
9. Lost someone special: Yes, my grandpa
10. Been depressed: Still have the diagnosis
11. Been drunk and threw up: All the time. Not for a while though, almost 2 months
THIS YEAR HAVE YOU:
15. Made a new friend: More than I’d expected to, honestly
17. Laughed until you cried: Too many times to count (Why is there no 16?)
18. Met someone who changed you: I think everyone I’ve met has changed me in some way
19. Found out who your true friends were: Unfortunately, yes
20. Found out someone was talking about you: Yep.
26. What did you do for your last Birthday: One of my best friends took me out to dinner, then we drank at home and did some…other stuff.
27. What time did you wake up today: Sometime around noon
29. Name something you CANNOT wait for: Christmas vacation! (21-25 and 28? No? Okay.)
30. Last time you saw your all of your siblings at the same time: I don’t have any siblings!
31. What is one thing you wish you could change about your life: I think the only thing I would change is not having depression and anxiety; I wish I had been happier.
32. What are you listening to right now: Nothing
34. Who’s getting on your nerves right now: I’m jealous that my friend is interacting with other people on facebook, but not me. I know how this makes me look, but I recognize that it’s irrational and that’s why I’m trying to move passed it.
35. Most visited webpage: Most definitely tumblr
36. Favorite colour: Hmm purple or green
37. Nicknames: My mom calls me TerrorTara and Tara-bell. Jordan calls me Rara, and Mark calls me by my last name
38. Relationship Status: Single
39. Zodiac sign: Gemini
40. Male or female: Female
41. Primary school: Kent City
42. Secondary School: Kent City
43. High school/college: Kent City/ Aquinas College
44. Eye color: Green
46. Height: 5’7”
47. Do you have a crush on someone: Unfortunately I can’t get rid of it
48. What do you like about yourself: My nose piercing. I’m not good at answering this question.
49. Piercings: Two in my ear lobes, and my nose
50. Tattoos: A small one on my left foot. It’s half an infinity sign with a heart in the middle and the word Love above it. My friends also have halves, so when we put them together they complete the infinity sign.
51. Righty or lefty: Righty!
53. First piercing: Ears
54. First best friend: Stephanie from preschool
55. First hookup: Mark
56. First Bestfriend: Is this different than 54?
59. Eating: Nothing
60. Drinking: Water
61. I’m about to: Sleep
62. Listening to: My dog snore
63. Waiting for: My sleeping meds to kick in
64. Want kids? Yes, 3-4
65. Get married? Hopefully
66. Career: Child Life Specialist then a therapist
WHICH IS BETTER:
67. Lips or eyes: Eyes
68. Hugs or kisses: Kisses
69. Shorter or taller: I prefer to be shorter
70. Older or Younger: I prefer to be younger
71. Romantic or spontaneous: Both is nice, but if I had to pick one, spontaneous
72. Nice stomach or nice arms: Stomach (but hands are my favorite)
73. Sensitive or loud: Sensitive
74. Hook-up or relationship: Relationship
HAVE YOU EVER:
76. Kissed a stranger: Nope
77. Drank hard liquor: Only all the time
78. Lost glasses/contacts: Yes, and it’s really the worst.
79. Had sex: Yes
80. Broken someone’s heart: I hope not
82. Been arrested: Nope
83. Turned someone down: Sorta
84. Cried when someone died: Yes
85. Fallen for a friend: See answer to 78
DO YOU BELIEVE IN:
86. Yourself: Some days
87. Miracles: Yes
88. Love at first sight: No
89. Heaven: Yes
90. Santa Claus: Not anymore haha
91. Kiss on the first date: Why not, if it feels right
92. Angels: Sort of?
93. How would you label yourself? Labels are too permanent, I don’t like them
94. Someone You Pray Everyday For: Mark, Stephanie, and Jordan
95. Did you sing today: Everyday!
96. Who From All Your Ex’s have You Cared The Most About: Don’t have any
97. If you could go back in time, how far would you go? I’d really like a re-do on my awkward middle school and high school years
98. Out Of Everything In The World What Do You Wish For: Happiness
99. Are you afraid of falling in love? Only because I’m afraid of losing love
100. Do you like the way you look: Ask me again tomorrow